MOVE your mouse around to add some extra randomness...
OR type some random characters into this textbox
You may skip this step if you do not plan to use the random key generator.
-== Follow the security checklist recommendation ==-
Step 1. Generate new address
Move your mouse around to add some extra randomness or click skip to "Generate new address".
Step 2. Print the Paper Wallet
Click the Paper Wallet tab and print the page on high quality setting. Never save the page as a PDF file to print it later since a file is more likely to be hacked than a piece of paper.
Step 3. Fold the Paper Wallet
Fold your new Paper wallet following the lines.
You can insert one side inside the other to lock the wallet.
Step 4. Share your public address
Use your public address to receive money from other crypto-currency users. You can share your public address as much as you want.
Step 5. Keep your private key secret
The private key is literally the keys to your coins, if someone was to obtain it, they could withdraw the funds currently in the wallet, and any funds that might be deposited in that wallet.
Please test spending a small amount before receiving any large payments.
Consider supporting us
This service is free and will stay free, without advertising or tracking of any sort.
- Are you using a secure operating system guaranteed to be free of spyware and viruses, for example, an Ubuntu LiveCD?
Frequently asked questions :
We try to make it that way ! The core of the tool, that generate the keys is 99% the same as the well reviewed bitaddress.org. We only changed it to be able to generate addresses for different crypto-currencies.
We think that having a unique generator for multiple currencies lead to a much better reviewed tool for all than having a myriad of half-backed generators. Changes made to this generator are available on Github in small and divided commits and those are easy to review and reuse. Walletgenerator.net use the same security measures as the original project. All-in-one html document, no ajax, no analytics, no external calls, no CDN that can inject anything they want. And trust us, we have seen some nasty things when reviewing some wallet generator.
Advantages of a paper wallet are multiple:
⇒ They are not subject to malwares and keyloggers
⇒ You don’t rely on a third party’s honesty or capacity to protect your coins
⇒ You won't lose your coins when your device break
Once you have generated and printed a wallet, you can send coins to the public address, like for any wallet. Store your paper wallet securely. It contains everything that is needed to spend your funds. Consider using BIP38 to secure your paper wallet with a password.
You will need to import your private key in a real client, that you can download from the currency website. The exact method to do that will depend on the client. If there is no integrated method, you can usually fall back to the debug console and use the command “importprivkey [yourprivatekey]“.
You can report bugs using GitHub. Just try to explain clearly what is wrong and we will try to fix the bug as soon as possible.
Scan QR code using your camera
Permission denied. Your browser should display a message requesting access to your camera. Please click the "Allow" button to enable the camera.
51 characters Base58
52 characters Base58
- Add support for BitcoinMonster. Contribution from akshaynexus.
- New translation in portugese ! Contribution from Gabriel Barreiro.
- New translation in polish ! Contribution from Piotr Gerus.
- New partial translation in chinese ! Contribution from Frank Ou.
- Add support for BitcoinGold. Contribution from F3de81.
- New translation in Dutch ! Contribution from MadnessJax.
- New translation in German ! Contribution from fflo.
- New translation in italian ! Contribution from F3de81.
- New partial translation in Turkish ! Contribution from snipeTR.
- New translation in Ukrainian ! Contribution from Dmytro.
- Add support for Bitcoin Cash.
- Add support for Deutsche eMark. Contribution from xBlackEye.
- Add support for masterdoge. Contribution from koad.
- New translation in Spanish ! Contribution from PrAeToRiAn.
- Improved Russian translation. Contribution from UdjinM6.
- New translation in russian ! Contribution from UdjinM6.
- Darkcoin rebranded as Dash. Contribution from UdjinM6.
- HTTPS support is here !
- Enter your own private key to print a paper wallet, and BIP38 encrypt them as well !
- Fix a vulnerability that lead to the generation of less random wallet that normal on old browser. If you use a browser older than the mentionned version/date, we advise you to regenerate your wallets.
- Firefox 21: may 2013
- Chrome 11: april 2011
- IE 11: october 2013
- Opera 14: july 2013
- Safari 3.1: march 2008
- Added a Frequently Asked Question section on the main page
- Ability to scan a QRCode with your webcam to check the wallet details.
- New design for Dogecoin paperwallets, such wow.
- Bring back the wallet details to decrypt Bip38 encoded wallet.
- Add a button to skip the seeding. Don't skip if you intend to use the generated wallet !
- Fix a display bug for a Bip38 encoded paper wallet.
- Original design for the paper wallet
- Improved design of the website
- Security checklist and more user-friendly explanations